Our residency program
Our new residency program reflects Ardon’s commitment to elevating the practice of specialty pharmacy. The program offers professional immersion that can be tailored to meet your individual goals.
As a resident pharmacist for Team Ardon, you will build trusting relationships with patients and serve as a resource to provide the best patient care possible. Our team members grow and develop skills together while offering a high-quality, well-rounded patient experience.
As an Ardon Health pharmacy resident, you’ll gain experience with:
- Specialty medication dosing and administration
- Patient education and counseling
- Clinical monitoring programs development
- Pharmacy operations, administration and information systems
- Prior authorization and formulary review
- Limited distribution medications
- Evidence-based review and outcomes research
- Managed care and ambulatory care pharmacy practice rotation
- $51,000 annual stipend
- Comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- 11 paid company holidays
- 12 days of paid time off
- Medical and dental insurance
- Professional leave to attend conferences and meetings
- The opportunity to become part of Team Ardon. Our culture is central to our daily work here. We are compassionate, innovative, professional, positive and fun!
- We integrate activities like foosball and bean bag toss into the daily workday.
- We enjoy team potlucks to celebrate birthdays and team successes (cake and balloons required).
- We volunteer together to support patient advocacy organizations.
- We observe important dates like National Taco Day and Strawberry Shortcake Day.
- Above all, we encourage each other to deliver the highest level of care to every patient.
- The chance to live and work in Portland, Oregon, which is home to:
- An acclaimed restaurant, food cart and brewery scene
- Vibrant neighborhoods, each with a unique personality
- Beautiful parks, many with picturesque mountain views
- Countless cultural attractions
- Quick access to a variety of scenic destinations and activities (distance given from Portland).
- The Columbia River Gorge National Scenic Area, with a backdrop of cascading waterfalls, is world famous for windsurfing and hiking (30 minutes).
- Mt. Hood offers nearly year-round skiing, as well as mountain biking, kayaking, and a variety of other recreational activities (within an hour).
- The lush Willamette Valley is home to more than 250 wineries, rolling farmland and charming towns (within an hour).
- The rugged and beautiful Oregon coast brings together wildlife, old-growth forests and tide pools (under two hours).
- If you are feeling adventurous, Central Oregon boasts countless attractions and outdoor sports throughout the year, including rafting, hiking, fishing, rock climbing and skiing (about three hours).
How to apply
- To learn more about Ardon’s residency program requirements and applicaton process, please see our ASHP residency directory listing.
- Ardon participates in the Pharmacy Online Residency Centralized Application Service (PhORCAS). Please apply via the PhORCAS Applicant Portal.
- Application deadline is January 3, 2020.
We’re here to help.
Mina Baghzouz, PharmD, CSP
Residency program director